Monday, January 30, 2012

here comes another challenge...

So, my company is doing a nationwide challenge. There are thousands of employees so it should be interesting. Over a 12 week period starting starting 2/6, teams (teams consist of min. 5/max. 11 members) will record their exercise time, steps taken (whether it be running, walking, etc.), and weight lost. They constructed an AMAZING website to help motivate and keep track. We get e-mails and text messages for reminders to log your workouts. I still have yet to enter my goals - I have to think about this over the next week - but I have started logging everything already. I admit I have never kept a log or journal, so it's pretty funking cool to see your accomplishments in one place. And maybe even win a nice trip (the prizes haven't really been gone over in detail but we get to go somewhere and get recognized at a ceremony as the fittest bunch of the bunch.)


From 1/23 thru 1/29, this website has helped me log the following stats:


Went to the gym6 times
Did Aerobics60 minutes
Boxed60 minutes
Rowed5 minutes
Weight Lifting105 minutes
Sit-ups355 reps
Push-ups44 reps
Ran11.3 miles




The aerobics I logged was an hour of Zumba (if you haven't done it...DO IT...it's so much fun and beats your butt IF you have a killer instructor like our Wednesday class does). Kickboxed for an hour on Thursday and did a "Strong" class on Saturday morning which consists of an hour of constant squats, lunges, and lifting. You use risers, bench press bar with plates, free weights (varied lbs.), and a resistance band. There are no breaks and you move fluidly from one exercise to the next. I could do without Bon Jovi blasting in my ear (I really loathe JBJ) and some other shitty music that's supposed to motivate us, but sometimes we just have to be our own motivators. Our instructor is very sweaty and if you sit as close to him as I did, you will get doused with his man sweatjuice. It landed on me and in my general direction multiple times. And if you can handle and moved passed all of the bizarre wooshing noises he makes, it's a really great class. I can hardly walk. The thought of sqautting down to pee is terrifying. But it did the trick. So he did his job, swooshing or no swooshing.


I know it sounds like a simple task and such a "duh" thing to do, but if you don't already do it...start journaling your weekly accomplishments. Looking back, you can really pat yourself on the back.


Have a happy Monday!
HB

2 comments:

  1. "man sweatjuice" will never leave my vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh, I am so gross sometimes! AND I am trying to figure out how to change this font. I don't remember chosing it and it's very difficult to read. OR maybe it's just me. Hope you're feeling better!

      Delete